The first official day of Autumn was September 23, 2023! This means it’s time for apple picking, pumpkin carving and soon…..firing up your outdoor fire pits for fun gatherings to roast hot dogs and just chill!
The leaves are starting to turn and the weather is turning delightfully cooler, why do we love it so much?
- The holidays…Halloween, Thanksgiving and the ushering in of Christmas.
- Clothes…who doesn’t love sweatshirts and blue jeans.
- Sports…let the games begin!
- Food…pumpkin everything! Bonfires and wiener roasts as mentioned before.
- Décor…fall color is trumped only by Christmas beauty.
- Family time…lots of holiday time off!
- Hayrides, pumpkin patches and corn mazes.
- Trips to the orchard for a little apple picking, cider and pumpkins.
Why we love fall so much…
Fall is the time of year when families think of taking trips to sprawling farms filled with apples, so heavy that they bend the branches to which they grasp, as well as the taste of freshly made apple cider. There is hardly a person that does not imagine the toothy grin of a recently carved pumpkin, once the change in the air has begun.
The crisp smell of hay from a child’s hayride might also come to mind. That is the beauty of living in Ohio. One can get the full experience of such a unique season that others are unfortunate not to be able to see. Children and adults alike can witness (and take part in) the fun that accurately describes an “Ohio Autumn.” Explore and Enjoy many local spots to get full of fall!